Team Lead Accounts
- Key Accounts leadership role
- Be part of a team that supports its people and encourages development opportunities
- Permanent full-time role based in Wellington
Toitū te marae a Tāne-Mahuta, toitū te marae a Tangaroa, toitū te tangata
If the land is well and the sea is well, the people will thrive
Te Papa Atawhai, Department of Conservation (DOC) serves to protect and sustain nature across Aotearoa. We put nature and people at the heart of our mahi, guided by te reo Māori, te ao Māori and Te Tiriti o Waitangi. We do this by:
- Protecting land, species, ecosystems, and cultural heritage for conservation purposes
- Managing threats and adverse impacts
- Being a voice for conservation
- Connecting people to nature
He angitūtanga | About the role
As the Accounts Team Lead, you will lead the day-to-day processing activities of the combined Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable consisting of approximately 12 staff based in Conservation House Wellington.
The Team Lead role reports to the Financial Accounting and Transactions Manager and ensures the accurate and timely processing of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable transactions. You will be responsible for ensuring KPIs for the team are met, debt management, and managing the day-to-day workflow. DOC has made a major investment in their financial systems with the implementation of our SAP S4Hana. You will work with the team to embed S4HANA into their day-to-day activities, as well assist with development of a future team structure.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
You will have proven experience leading Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions preferably in a large organisation, with a focus on process and systems improvement. You will be a seasoned people leader known for your strong communication skills and collaborative working style.
You can deal with a diverse range of issues providing related financial processing and administration services.
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou | What's in it for you?
Te Papa Atawhai is committed to fostering a diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve, creating an inclusive workplace culture, supporting the relationship between Māori and the Crown, and lifting our cultural capability. We encourage our people to bring their authentic self and unique perspectives to work, in pursuit of our collective aspirations. Our commitment to well-being and professional development includes:
- Flexible working opportunities suited to your role
- Career development, secondment, and training opportunities to help you realise your goals
- Study assistance in programmes that are relevant to your work
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) and discounted medical insurance
- Great discounts on DOC accommodation and outdoor apparel and gear so you're ready for your next adventure
- Te Pukenga Atawhai – Cultural Capability Development Programme
Tono ināianei | Apply now
Apply online via the DOC Careers Centre with a CV and cover letter that highlights your relevant skills experience and motivation for joining Te Papa Atawhai.
The salary range for this position is $85,757 to $109,578 with the starting salary of the successful applicant being based on their relevant skills and experience.
Eligibility to work in New Zealand is mandatory – this includes holding a valid work visa that covers the whole period of employment.
Applications close at 5 pm Monday, 13 February 2023
For enquiries contact Debbie Fahey, Senior Recruitment Advisor, at email@example.com or 027 286 2746
Job reference: DOC/1693638
|Application close date:||13-Feb-2023|
|Attachments:|| Role Description - Team Lead Accounts.pdf (PDF, 209KB)