Role Description - Senior Ranger, Biodiversity, Operations Group, Chatham Islands, Band D.pdf
(PDF, 284KB)Applicant Information Sheet - Senior Ranger, Biodiversity, Operations Group, Chatham Islands, Band D.pdf
Are you someone who is passionate about conservation and the protection and management of New Zealand’s natural heritage?
We have a vacancy for a highly experienced Senior Ranger, Biodiversity in our Operations team.
As a Senior Ranger, you have defined leadership responsibilities including the ability to plan, advise and support work programmes relating to:
- Fencing and wild animal control
- Pest weed and animal control
- Offshore Island species and restoration programmes
- Biosecurity management
Your day to day work will take you across the district, leading work programmes on and off public conservation land.
Your skills and experience in natural heritage work will be vitally important in supporting the work of others on the ground and for teaching, coaching, training and/or overseeing Rangers, community groups and volunteers doing conservation work.
We are looking for a responsible and reliable team leader, who is not afraid of hard work, and who have the following skills:
- extensive experience in field based natural heritage work from pest control to species management
- sound knowledge and practical experience of biosecurity risks, issues and management
- experience as technical lead of a work team
- project management experience
- strong leadership and high standards in Health & Safety
- skilled at coaching, training and supporting staff and the acquisition of technical knowledge
- experience and qualifications in working with LUV motorbikes, 4WD vehicles and other field based equipment
- a current First Aid certificate good communication skills and an ability to get on with people
- a valid Full driver's licence
- a strong understanding of systems and processes within DOC including an understanding of business planning and reporting software
The following is desirable but not essential
- 3-4 years experience in the practical management and application of operations work across DOC
- a current Approved Handlers Certificate would be an advantage
Please apply online. Applications must include a cover letter, CV and evidence of the required capabilities as per the role description.
For more information please contact Connie Norgate, email@example.com VPN 8848 or telephone (03) 305 0098, quoting vacancy400/4620
Applications close at 5pm on Monday, 23 January 2016