Senior Brand and Marketing Advisor
About this role
- Are you a strategic brand professional, motivated by the opportunity to manage one of Aotearoa New Zealand's most iconic brands?
- Are you passionate about developing and executing engagement and behaviour change marketing campaigns?
- Do you feel inspired by and connected to our kaupapa vision: Papatūānuku Thrives?
Toitū te marae a Tāne, toitū te marae a Tangaroa, toitū te tangata. If the land is well and the sea is well, the people will thrive.
Department of Conservation Te Papa Atawhai has a permanent opportunity for a Senior Brand and Marketing Advisor to join our Customer and Brand team, which forms part of our wider Public Affairs unit. We use the DOC brand to drive engagement, change behaviour, educate, and communicate about conservation and nature, and build public trust and confidence in the organisation through campaigns, publications, products, and national partnerships.
He angitūtanga: About the Role
We are calling for an experienced senior brand and marketing expert motivated by the opportunity to work on one of the country's most well-known brands. The role is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the DOC brand, implementing the brand strategy, developing, and delivering marketing campaigns, and providing strategic brand and marketing advice, with the ultimate goal of inspiring people to be aware of, connect with, and act for Aotearoa's nature and cultural heritage.
This is your opportunity to lead the implementation of DOC's brand strategy as well as the scoping, planning and implementation of exciting and innovative national campaigns and marketing activities. Drawing on your research and consumer insights, and applying best practice brand principles and project methodologies, you will ensure that decisions make a valued and positive impact on DOC's brand and are free from reputational risk. Key to your success in the role will be positioning yourself as the subject matter expert on all things brand and marketing and establishing and fostering trusted relationships with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
He kōrero mōu: What we are looking for
You will bring strong knowledge and significant expertise in effective brand and marketing strategy and campaign management. Your ability to build and maintain strong relationships at various levels is key, as is your ability to provide advice and influence key stakeholders with confidence. A collaborative, persuasive, and personable approach will enable you to advocate for the brand and influence across stakeholder groups.
To be successful, we'll be looking for evidence of the following requirements within your written application:
- Extensive experience and credibility in the development and delivery of brand and marketing strategies, and multi-channel campaigns
- Experience maintaining a national brand system
- Experience with sponsor or partner marketing
- Strong understanding of engagement, product, and behaviour change marketing
- Highly collaborative and consultative - with successful experience working with and influencing stakeholders at different levels and in dynamic environments
- Strong critical thinking capability - to analyse complex information from a variety of sources, identify opportunities and risks, and provide impactful solutions
- Strong organisation skills with proven ability to work at pace and manage several priorities simultaneously, as well as a willingness to flex and adapt as priorities change
- A natural team-player with the ability to manaaki and mentor more junior colleagues and lead on significant programmes of work.
As a Treaty partner, an understanding of mātauranga Māori and te ao Māori is important in this mahi. At DOC we seek to bring te ao Māori into all our work and ensure iwi, hapū, and whānau are enabled and supported to share their stories and ultimately increase the impact of our storytelling.
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou: What's in it for you?
This is your chance to work in-house on one of Aotearoa New Zealand's most iconic brands, inspiring people to connect and care for Papatūānuku. You will be part of a fast-paced team delivering a diverse work programme in partnership with stakeholders across different levels, groups, and organisations.
We offer a range of flexible working options depending on the needs of the role and its work context.
The role will ideally be based in Wellington, but we may consider other locations for the right candidate.
We highly value the new expertise and fresh perspectives brought into the organisation. This is your chance to contribute to our culture of continuous improvement.
This is a truly unique opportunity to align your work to your conservation values. You can't put a price on that!
Salary Range $84,908 up to $108,493. Starting salary of the successful candidate will be based on their relevant skills and experience.
Tono ināianei | Apply now
To apply, submit your CV and a tailored cover letter that describes your motivation and that highlights your relevant skills, experience, and personal qualities in line with the above requirements.
Applications close at 5pm on 3 October 2022.
For any queries, please contact Brand and Marketing team lead Lisa Nilsen on email@example.com or telephone 027 276 9322.
Eligibility to work in New Zealand is mandatory, including a valid work visa covering the whole period of employment if applying internationally.
COVID-19 Vaccination requirement – From 4 May 2022 our Vaccination Policy, requiring all employees to be vaccinated, has been suspended but may be reinstated in the future if the COVID-19 situation changes. Positions that are identified as high risk will still have a requirement for appointees to be vaccinated. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing for these positions will be required and applicants will be notified during the recruitment process if this condition will apply.
|Application close date:||03-Oct-2022|
|Attachments:|| Role Description - Senior Brand and Marketing Advisor.pdf (PDF, 201KB)