About this role
- 2 full time, permanent opportunities based in Warkworth with flexibility to be based in North Head.
- Work outdoors amongst the beautiful Warkworth & North Head landscape
- Excellent opportunities to build your skills and enjoy a satisfying career
Toitū te marae a Tāne, toitū te marae a Tangaroa, toitū te tangata
If the land is well and the sea is well, the people will thrive
At Te Papa Atawhai, Department of Conservation we express our spirit of service and serve Aotearoa through our purpose, Papatūānuku Thrives. Our organisational strategy, Te Kaupapa a Te Papa Atawhai, puts nature and people at the heart of everything we do. It is anchored by te reo Māori and te ao Māori, recognising that Te Tiriti o Waitangi and our whānau, hapū and iwi are central to all our mahi.
Te Papa Atawhai is offering an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and hands on individual to join the team as a Ranger within our operations team, based in Warkworth. We are looking for a dedicated and collaborative individual to join our team who feels inspired, day in day out and connects to our united purpose: Papatūānuku Thrives.
He angitūtanga | About the role
Your day-to-day work will take you across the region, working as part of our experienced team of rangers undertaking track & amenities maintenance by mowing, scrub baring, cleaning, and maintaining kauri die back hygiene stations, installing signs and other practical duties. We have x2 full time, permanent roles available.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
We need an individual, who is a proven team player, is great at communicating, and has practical hands-on skills. You will be versatile and resilient and able to tackle a variety of mahi.
If you have the following attributes, we are keen to hear from you:
- Whakawhanaungatanga – an ability to foster and develop relationships with colleagues, public and our Te Tiriti partners
- Kaitiakitanga – a keen interest to be Kaitiaki of Te Ao Tūroa to facilitate growth of knowledge and skills in others
- Full drivers' licence, ability to manoeuvre a trailer
- Have a strong work ethic with ability to work autonomously as well as a team mentality.
- Hands on skills such as fencing, general maintenance and/or landscaping, chain sawing.
- Able to do 8 hours of physical work per day
- Knowledge and experience using and maintaining 2 stroke engines
- Hand and power tool experience
Experience with weed spraying, GrowSafe, and pest control is highly advantageous but not required, as training will be provided for the right applicant.
Mō mātou | About us
Te Papa Atawhai is committed to fostering a diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve, and to creating an inclusive workplace culture. Our Te Kaupapa behaviours of whakatīnanatia (we deliver), atawhaitia a Papatūānuku (we love nature), whakawhānaungatanga (we build relationships) and whakaauaha (we innovate) guide what we need to do for Papatūānuku to Thrive.
Ko ngā hua | What we offer
We take pride in enabling our kaimahi to bring their unique perspectives to mahi, in pursuit of our collective aspirations. Our commitment to well-being and professional development includes:
- Te Pukenga Atawhai – Cultural Capability Development Programme
- Active employee networks, Te Kāwai Aho Tapu - Māori Kaimahi Network, Rainbow Network
Tono ināianei | Apply now
Submit a tailored CV and cover letter highlighting your relevant skills, experience, and alignment to our Kaupapa.
The salary range for this position is $49,192 to $59,978, with the starting salary of the successful applicant being based on their relevant skills and experience.
Rā katinga | Applications close at 5 pm on Monday, 3 October 2022.
Me he pātai anō | For further enquiries, contact Will Newbold at email@example.com
Taupānga | Job Reference: 400/02166
COVID-19 Vaccination: Some positions that are identified as high risk may still have a requirement for appointees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing for these positions will be required and applicants will be notified during the recruitment process if this condition will apply.
Eligibility to work in New Zealand is mandatory – this includes holding a valid work visa that covers the whole period of employment.
Visit www.doc.govt.nz to find out more about a career with us.
|Application close date:||03-Oct-2022|
|Attachments:|| Role Description - Ranger.pdf (PDF, 239KB)