Regional Business Support Officer
- Join a regional leadership team to support kaimahi in delivering conservation outcomes for Aotearoa.
- Take advantage of a range of development and training opportunities across the organisation.
- Four weeks + three days annual leave per year pro-rata, flexible working options.
- Permanent full time, Whakatane location.
Toitū te marae a Tāne-Mahuta, toitū te marae a Tangaroa, toitū te tangata
If the land is well and the sea is well, the people will thrive
Department of Conservation Te Papa Atawhai serves to protect and sustain nature across Aotearoa. We put nature and people at the heart of our mahi, guided by te reo Māori, te ao Māori and Te Tiriti o Waitangi. We do this by:
- protecting land, species, ecosystems, and cultural heritage for conservation purposes
- managing threats and adverse impacts
- being a voice for conservation
- connecting people to nature.
He angitūtanga | About the role
We are seeking a growing, collaborative leader who enjoys working alongside others to get the best out of them. You will be part of a wider regional business support team who are vital to the successful operation of our organisation.
If you are a self-starter with the ability to motivate others and bring them on a journey; you support conservation growth, and enjoy delivering an exceptional level of customer service, this could be the position for you.
As part of the Eastern North Island Business Support leadership team, you will be responsible for:
- overseeing the business support staff in across the Eastern North Island region
- supporting Managers and teams to navigate around the Department systems and processes
- training, coaching and supporting Business Support team members
- providing advice to managers and the wider team on administrative systems and processes
- co-ordinating and reporting on regional activities for the Property and Fleet centre led teams
- oversee and coordinate regional health and safety planning and reporting where applicable
- oversee and co-ordinate regional training documentation and reporting, and planning / organising training where applicable.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako| Skills and experience
We are keen to hear from you if you have the following attributes:
- a qualification in business/office administration, project management or considerable equivalent experience
- a drive to deliver an exceptional customer experience in every interaction
- excellent communication, questioning and listening skills
- self-motivation to achieve goals and objectives
- a high level of organisational skills, the ability to juggle a lot of tasks and deliver on time and solve problems as they arise
- a thorough knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to navigate and learn other software systems
- an understanding of the work of the Department and how it contributes to New Zealand's future sustainability
- the ability to think critically, use initiative and independent judgement to deal with tasks that require immediate attention
- a current NZ driver licence is essential
- the ability to travel away from home, may be required.
Mō te tīma | About the team
The Business Support Unit is responsible for identifying and initiating supplier sourcing and management services, accounts and transactional services, fleet management, property advice, ensuring the department's sustainability efforts are meeting sector needs, and carrying out facility and customer service functions for Conservation House.
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou | What's in it for you?
Te Papa Atawhai is committed to fostering a diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve, creating an inclusive workplace culture, supporting the relationship between Māori and the Crown, and lifting our cultural capability. We encourage our people to bring their authentic self and unique perspectives to work, in pursuit of our collective aspirations. Our commitment to well-being and professional development includes:
- flexible working opportunities suited to your role
- career development, secondment and training opportunities to help you realise your goals
- study assistance in programmes that are relevant to your work
- employee Assistance Programme (EAP) and discounted medical insurance
- great discounts on DOC accommodation and outdoor apparel and gear so you're ready for your next adventure
- Te Pukenga Atawhai – Cultural Capability Development Programme.
Tono ināianei | Apply now
Apply online via the DOC Careers Centre with a CV and cover letter that highlights your relevant skills experience and motivation for joining Te Papa Atawhai.
The salary range for this position is $62,535.00 to $79,906.00 with the starting salary of the successful applicant being based on their relevant skills and experience.
Eligibility to work in New Zealand is mandatory – this includes holding a valid work visa that covers the whole period of employment.
Applications close at 5 pm on Wednesday, 8 February 2023.
Further enquiries, contact Alex Whittaker, email@example.com.
Job Reference: 3000/11359.
|Application close date:||08-Feb-2023|
|Attachments:|| Role Description - Regional Business Support Officer.pdf (PDF, 439KB)