- Apply your project coordination expertise whilst contributing to conservation outcomes
- Full-time, permanent role based in Wellington
- Join a newly established team making a key difference in our operations delivery.
Toitū te marae a Tāne-Mahuta, toitū te marae a Tangaroa, toitū te tangata
If the land is well and the sea is well, the people will thrive
Department of Conservation Te Papa Atawhai (DOC) serves to protect and sustain nature across Aotearoa. We put nature and people at the heart of our mahi, guided by te reo Māori, te ao Māori and Te Tiriti o Waitangi. We do this by:
- Protecting land, species, ecosystems, and cultural heritage for conservation purposes
- Managing threats and adverse impacts
- Being a voice for conservation
- Connecting people to nature.
He angitūtanga | About the role
We are seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated Project Coordinator to join our Operations Improvement Team. It is a newly informed team with a varied and interesting mix of projects focused on making it easier our operations teams to deliver conservation outcomes.
As our Project Coordinator, you will assist with the coordination of these projects and provide other administrative support to the project leads. This includes coordinating and processing new workflow requests coming into the delivery groups (the Operations Pipeline), preparing a weekly communication of key actions and events for Operations Managers, and updating performance dashboards.
In the role, you'll also work closely with the team to develop their processes and tools for tracking projects and ensure visibility project requirements and timeframes.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
If you are motivated by our vision Papatūānuku Thrives and are excited by the work of our team, then we want to hear from you. We'll be looking for the following skills and experience:
- Experience in a project coordination or administration support role
- Strong communication skills with ability to produce quality written work
- Familiarity with project management methodologies and the ability to monitor project progress
- Proficient in the Microsoft suite of tools, particularly Excel (including generating Gantt charts and pivot tables), and
- Ability to work positively and productively with colleagues and other stakeholders
Ko ngā hua | What we offer
Te Papa Atawhai is committed to fostering a diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve, creating an inclusive workplace culture, supporting the relationship between Māori and the Crown, and lifting our cultural capability. We encourage our people to bring their authentic self and unique perspectives to work, in pursuit of our collective aspirations. Our commitment to well-being and professional development includes:
- Flexible working options, including flexible hours and ability to work from home up to 2 days per week.
- Career development, secondment and training opportunities to help you realise your goals
- Study assistance in programmes that are relevant to your work
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) and discounted medical insurance
- Great discounts on DOC accommodation and outdoor apparel and gear so you're ready for your next adventure
- Te Pukenga Atawhai – Cultural Capability Development Programme.
Check these out in more detail via Why work at DOC?
Tono ināianei | Apply now
Apply online via the DOC Careers Centre with a CV and cover letter that highlights your relevant skills experience and motivation for joining Te Papa Atawhai.
The salary range for this position is $62,535 to $79,906 with the starting salary of the successful applicant being based on their relevant skills and experience.
Eligibility to work in New Zealand is mandatory – this includes holding a valid work visa that covers the whole period of employment.
Rā katinga | Applications close at 5 pm on Friday, 3 February 2023.
Me he pātai anō | For further enquiries, email Will Newbold on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Taupānga | Job Reference: 2000/21003
|Application close date:||03-Feb-2023|
|Attachments:|| Role Description - Project Coordinator .pdf (PDF, 199KB)