Senior Permissions Advisor
- We have a fantastic employment opportunity for two passionate and well organised people to join our South Island Te Waipounamu permissions teams, contributing to the regulatory management of New Zealand's natural resources.
- These are full time, permanent roles that can be located in Christchurch, Dunedin or Hokitika with flexible ways of working.
Toitū te marae a Tāne, toitū te marae a Tangaroa, toitū te tangata
If the land is well and the sea is well, the people will thrive
Most activities on public conservation land, or in relation to protected wildlife, marine mammals, or marine reserves, require approval from the Department. Our Permissions team members, located in Service Centres in Hamilton, Dunedin, Christchurch and Hokitika, process these applications. We help to ensure that activities occurring on public conservation land are undertaken in a manner that protects the values of the land and complies with the legislation.
He angitūtanga | About the role
As a Senior Permission Advisor your key role will be supporting the application process, and providing technical support to your peers, relating to the management of submitted applications including having pre-application discussions, critical assessment, and analysis of applications through to writing quality reports for a final decision. You will also be directly involved in contributing to improving aspects of how we work, collaborating with others in an inclusive team process environment to ensure professional and high-quality outputs.
You will be directly involved in building and maintaining relationships with a wide range of people, stakeholder groups and industries, and providing professional advice and support to internal and external customers.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
If you have the following attributes, we are keen to hear from you:
- a confident and able communicator who builds trust with others
- can demonstrate strong analytical skills and be able to transfer analysis into a professional quality report
- able to manage having a number of tasks on the go and apply work planning and organising tools to make the best use of your time
- are solution focussed
- have a background or good understanding of planning/legislative processes.
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou | What's in it for you?
Along with recently being awarded New Zealand's most attractive employer in the public service, people like working for us because we offer:
- a supportive and collaborative work environment
- respect, recognition, and opportunities for personal growth
- excellent employee wellbeing initiatives including the employee assistance program
- high regard to new expertise and fresh perspectives being brought into the organisation; this is your chance to contribute to our culture of continuous improvement.
Tono ināianei | Apply now
Apply online via the DOC Careers Centre with a CV and cover letter that highlights your relevant skills experience and motivation for joining Te Papa Atawhai.
The salary range for this position is $73,336 to $93,708 with the starting salary of the successful applicant being based on their relevant skills and experience.
Eligibility to work in New Zealand is mandatory – this includes holding a valid work visa that covers the whole period of employment.
Applications close at 5 pm on Thursday, 2 February 2023
For further enquiries, contact Judi Brennan, Permissions Regulatory Delivery Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 027 444 7713
Job reference: 2000/32118
|Application close date:||02-Feb-2023|
|Attachments:|| Role_Description_-_Senior_Permissions_Advisor.pdf (PDF, 197KB)