National Business Support Manager
- Opportunity to lead a national administration and support service that supports conservation growth
- Be part of a team that supports its people and encourages development opportunities
- Permanent, full-time role based in Wellington with flexible ways of working
Toitū te marae a Tāne-Mahuta, toitū te marae a Tangaroa, toitū te tangata
If the land is well and the sea is well, the people will thrive
Te Papa Atawhai, Department of Conservation (DOC) serves to protect and sustain nature across Aotearoa. We put nature and people at the heart of our mahi, guided by te reo Māori, te ao Māori and Te Tiriti o Waitangi. We do this by:
- Protecting land, species, ecosystems, and cultural heritage for conservation purposes
- Managing threats and adverse impacts
- Being a voice for conservation
- Connecting people to nature
He angitūtanga | About the role
As the National Business Support Manager, you will lead the delivery of efficient and effective administration service. This will include leading the Customer Service Centre Team, Uniform team and the Business Support teams across the motu. You will work to standardise a high level of service and support through these teams including ownership of systems delivery.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Leading the Regional Business Support Managers to ensure consistent service standards are delivered across the region. The Business Support teams are responsible for fleet, property, and facilities management as well as reception, uniforms, issuing hunting permits and many other forms of support as required
- Provide coaching, mentoring and leadership to your direct reports being the Regional Business Support Mangers, Customer Centre Team Lead and Uniform team to allow them to be successful in their roles and in turn develop high performing teams
- Ensure business systems and process are integrated and efficient
- Ensure support of delivering organisation wide changes and identifying and anticipating change
- Take ownership of systems delivery within the regional Business Support function
- Oversee budget management
- Through the Customer Service Centre team, ensure a professional service to receive, triage and resolve enquiries to the Department
- Through the Uniform team to ensure a seamless uniform ordering service
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
This appointment requires a strategic thinker with ability and experience with business, systems, and process improvement. You will be an experienced people leader who is skilled at inspiring, motivating, and directing teams who will shape a culture that values high performance and continuous improvement. There is a strong relationship management component to this role requiring high levels of integrity and resilience to navigate relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Your work background should include aspects of systems ownership and delivery, analytical skills, and budget management experience.
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou | What's in it for you?
Te Papa Atawhai is committed to fostering a diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve, creating an inclusive workplace culture, supporting the relationship between Māori and the Crown, and lifting our cultural capability. We encourage our people to bring their authentic self and unique perspectives to work, in pursuit of our collective aspirations. Our commitment to well-being and professional development includes:
- Flexible working opportunities suited to your role
- Career development, secondment, and training opportunities to help you realise your goals
- Study assistance in programmes that are relevant to your work
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) and discounted medical insurance
- Great discounts on DOC accommodation and outdoor apparel and gear so you're ready for your next adventure
- Te Pukenga Atawhai – Cultural Capability Development Programme
Tono ināianei | Apply now
Apply online via the DOC Careers Centre with a CV and cover letter that highlights your relevant skills experience and motivation for joining Te Papa Atawhai.
Eligibility to work in New Zealand is mandatory – this includes holding a valid work visa that covers the whole period of employment.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday, 12 February 2023
For further enquiries contact Debbie Fahey, Senior Recruitment Advisor, at email@example.com or 027 286 2746
Job reference: DOC/1679555
|Application close date:||12-Feb-2023|
|Attachments:|| Role_Description_-_National_Business_Support_Manager.pdf (PDF, 938KB)