Regional Business Support Officer
About this role
- Support others to be successful in delivering conservation outcomes
- A fantastic opportunity for an organised and capable leader who thrives on creating a great team environment
- Permanent, full-time role in our Twizel or Geraldine offices
Toitū te marae a Tāne, toitū te marae a Tangaroa, toitū te tangata
If the land is well and the sea is well, the people will thrive
At Te Papa Atawhai, Department of Conservation we express our spirit of service and serve Aotearoa through our purpose, Papatūānuku Thrives. Our organisational strategy, Te Kaupapa a Te Papa Atawhai, puts nature and people at the heart of everything we do. It is anchored by te reo Māori and te ao Māori, recognising that Te Tiriti o Waitangi and our whānau, hapū and iwi are central to all our mahi.
We are seeking a growing, collaborative leader who enjoys working alongside others to get the best out of them. You will be part of a wider regional business support team who are vital to the successful operation of our organisation.
If you are a self-starter with the ability to motivate others and bring them on a journey; you support conservation growth and enjoy delivering an exceptional level of customer service, keep reading.
He angitūtanga: About the Role
As part of the Eastern South Island Business Support leadership team, you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the business support staff in Mt Cook, Twizel and Geraldine.
- Supporting Managers and teams to navigate around DOC systems and Processes
- Training, coaching and supporting Business Support team members
- Providing advice to Managers and the wider team on administrative systems and processes
- Co-ordinating and reporting on regional activities for the Property and fleet centre led teams
- Oversee and coordinate regional health and safety planning and reporting where applicable.
He kōrero mōu: What we are looking for
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- A qualification in business/office administration, project management or considerable equivalent experience
- A drive to deliver an exceptional customer experience in every interaction
- Excellent communication, questioning and listening skills
- Self-motivation to achieve goals and objectives
- A high level of organisational skills, the ability to juggle a lot of tasks and deliver on time and solve problems as they arise
- A thorough knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to navigate and learn other software systems.
- An understanding of the work of the Department and how it contributes to New Zealand's future sustainability
- The ability to think critically, use initiative and independent judgement to deal with tasks that require immediate attention
- A current NZ Drivers Licence is essential
- The ability to travel away from home, may be required.
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou: What's in it for you?
In return we can offer you a supportive and collaborative team environment and the opportunity to contribute to ensuring Papatūānuku Thrives. Being the multiple award winner of the most attractive employer in the public sector (and second overall) with an average turnover beyond 10 years, we know people generally really enjoy working with us! We highly value the new expertise and fresh perspectives brought into the organisation. This is your chance to contribute to our culture of continuous improvement.
We expect to appoint this role between $61,916 - $79,115 depending on experience
Eligibility to work in New Zealand is mandatory – this includes holding a valid work visa that covers the whole period of employment.
Keen to apply?
Please apply online via the DOC Careers Centre with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the requirements above.
For any enquiries, please contact Tennile Touson, email@example.com or telephone , quoting vacancy 100/8809
Applications close at 5 pm, Friday 30th September 2022
DOC is committed to a diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve, and to creating an inclusive workplace culture. We offer a range of flexible working options depending on the needs of the role and its work context.
COVID-19 Vaccination: Some positions that are identified as high risk may still have a requirement for appointees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing for these positions will be required and applicants will be notified during the recruitment process if this condition will apply.
|Application close date:||30-Sep-2022|
|Attachments:|| Role Description - Regional Business Support Officer .pdf (PDF, 460KB)