Business Support Officer
About this role
- Do you have exceptional organisational skills & administration experience?
- Are you a self-starter with the ability to work alone and as part of a team, to multi-task, problem solve and enjoy delivering an exceptional level of customer service? If this sounds like you, keep reading.
- Permanent full-time role in sunny Nelson
Toitū te marae a Tāne, toitū te marae a Tangaroa, toitū te tangata
If the land is well and the sea is well, the people will thrive
At Te Papa Atawhai, Department of Conservation (DOC) we express our spirit of service and serve Aotearoa through our purpose, Papatūānuku Thrives. Our organisational strategy, Te Kaupapa a Te Papa Atawhai, puts nature and people at the heart of everything we do. It is anchored by te reo Māori and te ao Māori, recognising that Te Tiriti o Waitangi and our whānau, hapū and iwi are central to all our mahi.
He angitūtanga: About the Role
We are seeking a Business Support Officer to join our Nelson Business Services team. You will be part of a wider Northern South Island Regional Business Support team who are vital to the successful operation of our organisation.
In this fast-paced role, you will be responsible for supporting the Business Services Manager, internal colleagues and external customers with administration tasks, data entry, health and safety, purchasing, local fleet coordination, contractor management.
You will utilise your excellent interpersonal and communication skills to build relationships with distributed teams within the organisation, external parties and contractors.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
You will be an organised and motivated individual, who has an ability to work independently as well as part of a team and have a passion for conservation outcomes. We would love to hear from you if you have:
- Previous experience providing exceptional business support.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, organisational skills, and time management.
- Tech savvy skills, ability to learn new systems and use your initiative.
- Great work ethic with a positive attitude and professional approach.
- An ability to multi-task, problem solve and deal with competing demands while maintaining attention to detail.
- A current NZ Drivers Licence.
Desirable skills and experience:
- An understanding of the work of the Department and how it contributes to New Zealand's future sustainability is desirable
- Previous experience engaging and working in partnership with iwi and tangata whenua is desirable
- A qualification in business/office administration would be beneficial.
Ko ngā hua | What we offer
A fantastic supportive and collaborative working environment. Being the multiple award winner of the most attractive employer in the public sector (and second overall) with an average turnover beyond 10 years, we know people generally really enjoy working with us!
We take pride in enabling our people to bring their unique perspectives to mahi, in pursuit of our collective aspirations. Our commitment to well-being and professional development includes:
- Opportunity to develop and grow your skills within the group and wider organisation
- Te Pukenga Atawhai – Cultural Capability Development Programme
- Active employee networks including Te Kāwai Aho Tapu - Māori Kaimahi Network, Rainbow Network
Check these out in more detail via Why work at DOC?
Mō mātou | About us
Te Papa Atawhai is committed to fostering a diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve, and to creating an inclusive workplace culture. Our Te Kaupapa behaviours of whakatīnanatia (we deliver), atawhaitia a Papatūānuku (we love nature), whakawhānaungatanga (we build relationships) and whakaauaha (we innovate) guide what we need to do for Papatūānuku to Thrive.
Tono ināianei | Apply now
Submit your application online via the DOC Careers Centre with a tailored CV and cover letter highlighting your relevant skills, experience, and alignment to our Kaupapa.
The salary range for this position is $49,192 to $59,978 with the starting salary of the successful applicant being based on their relevant skills and experience.
Rā katinga | Applications close: at 5pm on Sunday, 27th November 2022
Me he pātai anō | Further enquiries, please contact Kimberley Sletcher, email@example.com
Taupānga | Job Reference: DOC/1678340
COVID-19 Vaccination: Some positions that are identified as high risk may still have a requirement for appointees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing for these positions will be required and applicants will be notified during the recruitment process if this condition will apply.
Eligibility to work in New Zealand is mandatory – this includes holding a valid work visa that covers the whole period of employment.
Visit www.doc.govt.nz to find out more about a career with us.
|Application close date:||27-Nov-2022|
|Attachments:|| Role Description - Business Support Officer.pdf (PDF, 433KB)