Project Description - Senior Solicitor, (Temporary), Corporate Services Group, Wellington, Hamilton or Christchurch, Band F or G.pdf (PDF, 275KB)
Applicant Information Sheet - Senior Solicitor, (Temporary), Corporate Services Group, Wellington, (possibly Hamilton or Christchurch), Band F or G.pd (PDF, 203KB)
We are looking for a senior solicitor based in Wellington, (possibily Christchurch or Hamilton) with at least 6 years PQE experience. The primary focus of the position will be providing legal advice and support on RMA-related matters.
Specific information about the job
The role will include:
• providing legal input in drafting RMA submissions, notices of appeal and other Court documents,
• appearing on behalf of the Director-General and Minister on RMA matters,
• being the legal lead in RMA cases, including drafting legal submissions and briefing evidence,
• advising on legal issues regarding RMA and public law matters,
• providing input and advice on departmental activities, legislation administered by the Department, and other agencies.
The work will also involve supporting conservation by providing legal input and advice on other departmental activities, legislation administered by the Department and other agencies, other internal customers and Business Groups.
This is a varied and challenging role. Strong analytical skills and the ability to communicate practical legal advice in a non-technical manner are essential. While you will be a committed team player, you will also be a self-starter and be able to work independently. A good understanding of the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi is a must.
We would also consider a secondment from another agency or law firm, or a part time appointment of no fewer than 32 hours a week.
Please apply online at careers.doc.govt.nz.
Applications must include:
Note that you should address and give examples of the competencies related to the capability areas. The interview process will include being asked to demonstrate through examples how you meet the competency requirements.
For more information, please contact Shona Bradley at Sbradley@doc.govt.nz or telephone on 027 807 1443, quoting Vacancy 100/2203T
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday, 5 April 2017