About this role
- Exiting opportunity for a Portfolio Analyst to join the Information Systems and Services team.
- Be part of a team that supports its people and encourages development opportunities
- Permanent, full-time role based in Wellington with flexible ways of working
This is an exciting role where you have an opportunity to provide support across the business and significantly contribute to conservation.
Toitū te marae a Tāne, toitū te marae a Tangaroa, toitū te tangata
If the land is well and the sea is well, the people will thrive
At Te Papa Atawhai, Department of Conservation we express our spirit of service and serve Aotearoa through our purpose, Papatūānuku Thrives. Our organisational strategy, Te Kaupapa a Te Papa Atawhai, puts nature and people at the heart of everything we do. It is anchored by te reo Māori and te ao Māori, recognising that Te Tiriti o Waitangi and our whānau, hapū and iwi are central to all our mahi.
He angitūtanga: About the Role
ICT plays a critical role in conservation management and this role is vital in building the digital capabilities across the Department. Our information technology ranges from public cloud-based services to aged, bespoke applications in need of replacement. We have an ambitious programme building our "as a Service" capabilities to better support conservation work.
As the Portfolio Analyst you will operate within a project management framework to provide programme and project advice to support various teams across the business. Responsibilities will include, resource management, risks and issues, planning and financial schedules, strategy, and reporting. You will evaluate and monitor current and future resource requirements, collaboratively guiding resource allocation and resource management across the ICT programme of work.
He kōrero mōu: What we are looking for
You are a passionate and driven individual with an analytical approach to problem solving. You will have extensive experience with stakeholder engagement across a broad spectrum, from frontline staff to senior level and have experience in project and programme reporting. You will have an inquisitive mind with the ability to challenge assumptions and think outside the box with reporting processes and outcomes. The ability to work effectively in a team environment and work co-operatively to achieve outcomes is vital for success in this role.
Specialist skills and experience
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to clearly explain rationale and recommendations.
- Experience in proactively managing data through interpreting, extracting, and integrating from numerous sources.
- Experience in providing detailed project coordination and support within a complex IT environment
- Experience in strategic analysis and decision making
- Tertiary qualification or relevant previous experience
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects.
- Experience working with project methodologies.
Mō mātou | About us
Te Papa Atawhai is committed to fostering a diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve, and to creating an inclusive workplace culture. Our Te Kaupapa behaviours of whakatīnanatia (we deliver), atawhaitia a Papatūānuku (we love nature), whakawhānaungatanga (we build relationships) and whakaauaha (we innovate) guide what we need to do for Papatūānuku to Thrive.
Ko ngā hua | What we offer
We take pride in enabling our kaimahi to bring their unique perspectives to mahi, in pursuit of our collective aspirations. Our commitment to well-being and professional development includes:
- Flexible working options where applicable
- Te Pukenga Atawhai – Cultural Capability Development Programme
- Active employee networks, Te Kāwai Aho Tapu - Māori Kaimahi Network, Rainbow Network
Tono ināianei | Apply now
Submit a tailored CV and cover letter highlighting your relevant skills, experience, and alignment to our Kaupapa.
The salary range for this position is $88,038 to $119,342 with the starting salary of the successful applicant being based on their relevant skills and experience
Rā katinga | Applications close: 5:00pm, Wednesday 30th November
Me he pātai anō | Further enquiries contact Carina Hibbert, email@example.com
Taupānga| Job Reference: 1677556
Eligibility to work in New Zealand is mandatory – this includes holding a valid work visa that covers the whole period of employment.
Visit www.doc.govt.nz to find out more about a career with us.
|Application close date:||30-Nov-2022|
|Attachments:|| Role Description - Portfolio Analyst.pdf (PDF, 208KB)